The Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) has currently imposed an online program to educate Filipino students and job seekers online.
“The dual training system provides a promising path forward to young people by giving them a holistic learning experience that meld knowledge gained in the schools and hands-on work in companies,” TESDA Director General Joel Villanueva said.
“The results are graduates who can easily move from training to employment,” he added.
Now Filipinos seeking to improve skills on their chosen field can acquire certificates by taking any of the 29 online courses from TESDA.
“We want to increase access sa quality technical—vocational education training programs. The Internet is a technology that has widespread education,” TESDA Assistant Director Jun Mamaril said.
Mamaril said that those who sign up with TESDA may learn the course at their own pace, as each course had no deadline or timetable for students to follow.
Students who complete the course are given a (national) certification for their training once they passed an accreditation exam at any TESDA center.
The following are the available online courses offered by TESDA:
- Basic Computer Operation
- Computer Systems Servicing
- Web Development using HTML5 and CSS3
- CAD / CAM operation
- Animation (3D Digital)
- Microsoft Online Courses
- Game Development (Game Production Basics, Developing 2D Games with HTML 5, Developing 2D & 3D Games with Unity
- Software Development Fundamentals
- C# Fundamentals for Beginners
- Udacity-Google Courses
- Android Development for Beginners
- UX Design for Mobile Developers
- Food and Beverage Servicing
- Water Servicing
- Room Attendant Servicing
- Bus Boy Servicing
- Provide Housekeeping Services to Guests
- Guest Room Attendant Servicing
- Valet Servicing
- Public Area Attendant Servicing
- Laundry Servicing
- Preparing Sandwiches
- Preparing Egg Dishes
- Preparing Vegetable Dishes
- Cellphone Servicing
- Solar Night Light Assembly
- Fruit Grower
- Diesel Engine Tune Up
- Automotive Battery Servicing
Heating, Ventilation and Air Condition
- Packaged Air Conditioner Unit Servicing
Trainers Methodology I
- Facilitate Learning Session
- Conduct Competency Assessment
Trainers Methodology II
- Curriculum Development
Health, Social and other Community Development Services
- Massage Therapy
- Swedish Massage
- Thai Massage
- Shiatsu Massage
- Beauty Care (Nail Care)
Although TESDA’s online program is just a start, knowing that the government is starting to use the internet to provide education for free (especially that we are now in the information era) is indeed a great move for the Philippine government.
I just hope that many Filipinos (especially teenagers) will see the value on TESDA’s online program and start to use this opportunity to learn and improve their skills. Who knows? this program might help our youth build their dreams and succeed in whatever field they choose.
- Why Applicants Need a Professional Resume Nowadays - November 2, 2019
- 4 Effective and Efficient Ways to Help Achieve Financial Freedom - September 22, 2016
- The Most In Demand Jobs in 2016 - July 4, 2016